Vulcan Chaingun is a weapon introduced in Revenge of the Yolk. It's an unlockable in Ultimate Omelette and Cluck of the Dark Side. This page describes the version seen in Universe from version v5.1 onward.
It fires multiple supersonic metal shards at an extremely fast rate. The individual bolt damage is phenomenal, but it rapidly loses accuracy as heat levels rise. Fire in short and and deliberate bursts for the best effect. Manual fire isn't any better than automatic fire, so you'll have to watch out for Overheating. A Heat Sink is recommended for this weapon.
In Universe, it's unlocked from Tier ?.
- Fast firerate.
- Fast and strong projectiles.
- Low weight.
- Requires automatic fire.
- Loses its accuracy as heat levels rise.
- This, however, can make it useful for clearing out asteroid waves and those with lots of enemies, but this will require the player to keep it at higher heat levels while trying to avoid Overheating.
It's a member of the Hot group, so it has its weaknesses and strengths.
- Mother-Hen Ship's Shell (Ultimate Omelette)
- Planetary Egg City
- Henperor's Apprentice
- Henlley's Comet
Like other weapons, the Vulcan Chaingun exists as an item that can be bought either in the galactic shop or at Heroware stores. Its price in the galactic shop is 339 , and upgrades cost 59 , with the total expenditure being 811 . Without upgrading, it weighs 190kg and uses up 335 KW of energy. After fully upgrading, it weighs 530kg and uses up 410 KW of energy.
This weapon has 12 power levels.
This weapon has three types of projectiles.
- This is the first (and currently only) redesigned weapon in Universe.
- The internal name for its shooting sound is "gatling".